Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last Day

Well, breast feeding my baby girl is officially over. Done. Finished. Ancient history. Okay, not all that ancient yet, since our last day was today. But still. It seems so final.

Yesterday was actually supposed to be our last day. But she was grumpy. Very, very grumpy. She cried and fussed and cried some more. I had to coax her into drinking instead of it being easy, comfortable, and cuddly. I decided I didn't want our last day to be like that. So we made today our last day. She still wasn't as happy and playful as she usually is, but she wasn't crying either. It was still cuddly though. Maybe she was sad it was our last day.

I probably could have gone on for a while longer. I certainly didn't mind that she was getting immunities from my milk in this crazy flu season or the ridiculously precious cuddle time every morning. But she seemed to be kind of over it. We have been having to give her a bottle after the morning feeding because she wasn't getting enough. It was like she was just getting a pre-breakfast bottle snack. But who knows. That's the thing about breastfeeding - its hard to know how much they are actually drinking.

So, I breast fed my daughter for 14 months and 1 day. I am sooo proud of us. And sooo not crying right now... =(

No comments: