Friday, February 15, 2008

Was that so hard?

Today I agonized over which doctor to call. I was on the internet all morning researching doctors when I was supposed to be cleaning the house (oops). Then Nate picked me up for lunch and then we went to the office, where I was on the internet all afternoon researching doctors, when I was supposed to be working (oops).

A doctor that a few friends have been to also came highly recommended in the online community. I called and made an appointment. The receptionist was pretty clueless, so hopefully she was a fill in or new. She asked when my last period was. I told her and she said, "Well you are barely four weeks along... when do you want to come in?" I asked when the doctor normally starting seeing people. She said all grumpily, "Well its up to you. You are four weeks along, so when do you want to come in?" I said, "Look, I'm a little new at this. I DON'T KNOW." She put me on hold and came back, saying that the doctor usually sees new patients when they are 8 weeks. Ah, thank you. That's what I needed to hear. Was that so hard?? Shouldn't receptionists know this kind of information?

So my appointment is March 3rd at 4:00 pm. A little over two weeks away. I am so nervous and excited!

No comments: